Question:
Why am I finding it so hard to knuckle down and go back to college??? I keep makeing up excuses not to go.?
reflect47
2006-01-08 18:58:11 UTC
Why am I finding it so hard to knuckle down and go back to college??? I keep makeing up excuses not to go.?
Two answers:
Nico
2006-01-08 19:39:23 UTC
I did the same thing for 4 years! I'm finally going back now. I'll be starting classes next week. I don't know why I procrastinated so long. I guess part of me wanted to be able to do what I wanted without having to worry about all the work and responsibility of being in college. I didn't know what I wanted to major in before and I felt like it would be a waste of time to go just to be going. Now I have an idea of what I want to do. I've had more time to learn what I'm good at and what I'm interested in career wise. I still find myself thinking "Why are you going back now?" But now is a good time as any other time. I might as well go back now or else I'll continue to think of excuses not to go. It just takes discipline to go back.
AmazonSenior
2006-01-10 14:51:23 UTC
You're just human as are we all. College is work--harder work for some than others. But, if you're a young person, take a lesson from the commercials that calculate how much to earn over a lifetime with a college education as compared to a high school diploma. Perhaps, you're perplexed because you don't know what you want to be when you grow up? Well, not to worry. Just get in there and get your feet wet, so to speak. Don't choose a major. Begin with requirements and a favorite subject course or two. After a semester or two, you'll have a better idea what course(s) of study you want pursue. (Suggestion/personal preference: a Liberal Arts degree is an excellent foundation for any profession.) Were it not for illness, I would still be in school myself. I loved the challenge. I loved interacting with younger people. And, I loved sharing my life experiences, especially when the instructor was teaching from a purely academic perspective. As my screen name indicates, I am what is called a "returning" student. But in all actuality, I am a continuing student and will be forever, in and/or out of school. Best of luck to you.