Question:
Moving to a new city after college?
Allison
2015-12-22 12:51:15 UTC
I graduate in a few months with a Nutrition degree. I was pre-med but no longer see it happening because of my grades. I was considering CRNA, Anesthesiologist Assistant, or Perfusionist programs. I have no idea what I want to do with my life and don't want to pursue a graduate degree until I'm sure of what I want. My hometown is really small with zero opportunities to work in Nutrition or anything to be honest. I want to move to a big city like Miami (in my home state), or out of state to Dallas or Chicago. What tips do you guys have for a BROKE college grad looking to move and start fresh in a new city and hopefully figure out what I want in life. Finding a job? An affordable place to live? Should I visit each city first? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Three answers:
?
2015-12-22 12:58:31 UTC
Start by looking a cities within you state and look for jobs online in those cities (Tampa, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, etc.) You are in a Catch-22. You can't move with no money or job prospects, you need to either get a job of some kind and save up a few month's of expenses and/or get a job in a city before moving. You'd be foolish to move out-of-state unless you get offered a well-paying job. As with any young person with limited finances, you'll need to research housing and transportation options based on the exact location of your job. Cities will cost more. You'll need to balance safety, cost, roommates, and transportation options. You can do a lot of that online.
drip
2015-12-22 12:58:52 UTC
Go online and search for jobs first. You will find more jobs in large cities, but cost of living will be higher there. Check out cost of apartments online.

Check for jobs in hospitals, retirement homes in nutrition field.
?
2016-11-10 10:41:54 UTC
942